Monday, December 31, 2012

Adieu to the KAMALAHALA 2012

Had I not stood by myself in 2012,
Kalpavruksha would have vanished from my own Halahala…..

With age and experience growing unparallel time and again
Why would I wish to rephrase the past when the reality
 Is more blissful than I could ever wish for…
It couldn’t have been better than how it was designed
From all the days I lived in 2012, there is no second thought
When I mention to you that the days spent with you, were the most blissful of all…

We call it ‘Gujli’ in Hindi n ‘Kerta’ in Kannada ‘Itching’ in English
Though it all means the same, I mention it thrice as I had it in various forms
A Gujli is like a gambler’s instinct, Kerta is being overly concerned, baselessly and
Itching is a heavy emotional attachment and reluctance to let go of people we love
Just as devotees at ‘kashi’ give up something they crave for, the most ,
On the last day of 2012, I have given up my ‘Gujli,Kerta and Itch’ of life….for life

With our mind being Mount Mandarachala and emotions like churning like
Samudra manthana
We all have these manifestations and may be,
Samudra manthana was once a poetic expression of the divine : Is my feeling by the end of 2012
As my emotions felt the same churning from within
In letting out both Airavatha and Halahala…Kamadhenu and Uchhihsravasa…..
Thanks to the Neelakantha within for swallowing my poison and letting the rest flourish

The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.mercy

This is what 2012 taught me,
That which my English professor taught years before
Took me a real life experience to understand
The depth in Shakespeare’s line……of mercy being twice blessed
Had I refused to let go, had I refrained from being tolerant
I wouldn’t have experienced the bliss I am experiencing now

No comments: